Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dancing with the Stars Week 1 Recap


Last night was the first episode of DWTS seasons 13! I am pretty excited for this season, more than I was when the stars were announced for last season. This season seems like it is going to have spunk and I think the stars and professionals are paired up well together.

So lets see how the scoreboard ended last night:
Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani: 22
J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: 22
Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 21
Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: 20
Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: 19
David Arquette & Kym Johnson: 18
Carson Kressly & Anna Trebunskaya: 17
Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: 17
Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: 16
Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: 16
Elisabetta Canalis & Val Chmerkovskiy: 15
Ron Artest & Petra Murgatroyd: 14

So lets break down these couples and what my thoughts were after they performed. Some people obviously performed better than others. So I will give you my opinion and I would  be interested in seeing what other people thought.

Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani
I thought Chynna did well. Do I think she rocked it?? No. I know she got one of the top scores for the night, but her dance was slow and flowy.  I think once she is forced to step it up a little she will have a harder time. She does look amazing for her age though I will say. I think as the season goes on she will get better, but to me I was not impressed with her performance....although the judges were :) You can see their performance from last night below!

J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff
J.R did an awesome job. I think he is a wonderful person as it is with such a story to tell the audience. J.R is someone who is lucky to be alive and you can just tell he embraces that, and I think dancing will be a great way to really show emotions. His partner Karina really pushed him to do a good job and I think it showed in the ballroom. See their performance below from last night!


Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
I have to say Hope is one of my favorites this season. I think she is an amazing athlete and I think she has the potential to go far. The only problem with her is that she has a lot of muscle and she will need to ton it down just a little to be portrayed as a dancer. She seems like such a nice girl though and she has the BEST partner on the show in my eyes. I love Max.


Ricki Lake & Derek Hough
Oh Ricki! She is looking good in her time I have to say. She did a pretty good job last night and her scores showed! I think she will go far, just not sure how far. There is some good competition this year!


Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas
As I said with Hope, I LOVE Kristin. It was so funny because my mom called and asked me who Kristin was. My answer was "she is a bitch!" Then Kristin comes on the TV and says "i am not a bitch!" Just thought it was funny how everyone saw her as that when she was on MTV. Now she does seem pretty sweet and nice. I am anxious to see her go far. She was already pretty good in the first episode and she will only get better.

David Arquette & Kym Johnson
Arquette really didn't STAND out to me. I thought he would be a little better, but nothing about him WOWed me at all. The other crazy part was the fact that Courtney Cox was in the audience with their daughter, but the two of them split in Oct 2010. A news article said that they remained friends, but it seemed like much more than just friends to me.

Carson Kressly & Anna Trebunskaya
Carson...haha he was hilarious. I loved how he made a comment about his jacket and how he had it in his closet and figured he could just wear it as a costume for dancing. He is hilarious and basically is one of the girls. This show is pretty much perfect for him, but he will need to pick up the dancing steps a little better because he wasn't great. The Cha Cha was perfect for him though.


Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer
Don't get me wrong, I think Chaz Bono seems like a great guy, but I don't think this is the show for him. It is very high energy and I don't see him having that. It sucks because I love his partner and hope that they get to stay on for a while. :)


Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus
It was so weird to see Nancy away from a desk since we always see her sitting down. She did OK last night. I was really hoping for a better performance out of her because I want her to stay on for a while. She is very entertaining. She had some good moves though and was able to get around the dance floor!!


Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke
Oh Rob, you might follow in the footsteps of your sister and have to go home sooner than you want. I didn';t think he was that good, wish he was because he is cute and him and Cheryl seem super cute together. I think he just needs a couple more shows to get it together and he might surprise us all! I guess we will see!


Elisabetta Canalis & Val Chmerkovskiy
I have to say, she was my least favorite. Her body is great, but I don't think she can dance at all. She was not graceful and to me she needs to go home tonight. That's all :)



Ron Artest & Petra Murgatroyd
Ron was another guy that I didn't like last night and his scores showed that he was not very good. Stinks for his partner though because this is her first time as a professional on DWTS. Maybe next year Petra.


Well, that's all from DWTS from last night. As I mentioned above I think either Ron Artest or Elisabetta should def be the ones to go home, no question about it. Oh yeah , I wanted to also point out the new ballroom! It is fantastic!! The seating is awesome and the new floor looks so cool with all the lights!

Till next time....see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment